Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birthday Girl!

Cortlyn is nine years old today! The years just keep coming and she (and D.H. and I) keeps getting older. I don't know why I am so surprised each year when she turns another year older but I am...it's just amazing how much she's grown up in what seems like a short period of time.
Nine seems like a rather "unimportant" year in birthdays but I find it quite monumental...we are half way through her childhood! In nine more years she'll be 18 and moving on to adulthood and well that seems completely and utterly ridiculous, but oh so true!
Cortlyn has really changed in a year too! I look at her and she is definitely more a young lady than a child. She's beginning to want to do all those preteen things...like shaving and makeup and hair coloring. All of which I'm not quite sure I'm ready for, part of me is glad I don't get to be the one to decide when all that begins.
I wasn't there when her life began, but I will be there 'til the very end. Happy Birthday Cortlyn! Love, Alissa

No comments: