Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Collier's First Day of Preschool!

Today was a big milestone in my book....Collier's first day of preschool! Now it's only 2 days a week but it's important! I honestly can't believe that my baby is old enough for something like this but it's here and well today was the day!
He was so excited, he was up out of bed in a flash...which is not like Collier. He is much like his mother in regards to mornings...we don't do them well, but not today...he was up, excited, and ready to go! We got dressed, he ate some breakfast, and brushed his teeth and hair and we were off! Well not before we got some pictures at home of course!
I was ready for a very nervous little boy, I mean he's gone to a sitter since 7 weeks old but this was different, this was school, this was big! I was pleasantly surprised and sorta sad to see my 3 year old handle this day like a champ! He walked into his classroom, took his seat and he was ready to learn. A quick picture (or 2) and a kiss from mom and I was gone. I peaked around the corner to make sure he was fine and he was just great! Such a big boy!
When I went to pick him up later that day he was playing on the playground like he owned it! I loved seeing him run around with all his new found friends! Miss Chyna, his teacher, said he did exceptionally well and I was so proud. He was chatty cathy in the car, telling me about painting and play dough and of course snack time. It was a great feeling. I am really looking forward to the rest of the year!

Check out the Awesome "Batman" Backpack!

No comments: