Thursday, July 3, 2008

What An Obsession!

My son is obsessed with fingernail clippers! He is constantly asking me to cut his nails...although when we get down to the nitty-gritty of actually clipping, he hates it! But because he is 2 and can do everything himself these days, this is his new obsession. Every time I turn around he has a pair in his hand...and I keep thinking to myself, how did we get so many stinking pairs of clippers! But nonetheless, as I sat with him on the couch last night, clippers in hand, I couldn't help but think about the first time I cut Collier's nails...nothing short of traumatic.
He couldn't have been more than a couple of days old, when I decided he needed a little manicure! He was all snug in his bouncy seat, sleeping peacefully as I reassure myself that this is no big deal! And then disaster strikes...first nail, I cut skin and there is blood, now he is awake and oh Lord do his lungs work! He's screaming, I'm crying, my husband is laughing...it was a sight! Rest assured we got him bandaged up, neosporin and all, but I felt terrible long after the situation had past. So as I recount this memory with my now toddler beside me...I think what an odd obsession! If he only knew!

4 comments:

kjanedesigns said...

hehe! I can just see imagine how funny that would have been! :)

Kimberly said...

I once too cut Jason's skin when cutting his nails. Stupid I cut them right out of the bath. He would not let me get near him with clippers for months.

I should have you bring Collier over since we can't ever seem to find ours, especially when we need them.

Jessica Hughes said...

haha...Quenton chews his finger and toenails. Now that is a weird (and disgusting) obsession. I just keep telling myself it is the "Hughes" in him. haha.

Jen B. said...

At least there is hope that he will become a well-groomed young man!