Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy Bee!

Wow I've been busy and therefore my blog has suffered. Catching back up at work as been a challenge, for obvious reasons I love taking vacations from work...but coming back after a weeks absence is hard. We've been busy at home too, kids are in full blast mode lately it seems...wanting this, doing that, needing something else!
Collier has been attending his first Vacation Bible School this week...it has been so fun. I wasn't sure that he would like it or even be old enough to really participate but he is having a blast. I took him Monday and stayed for about 30 minutes just to make sure he was going to join in, and he was right in the middle of all of it, singing, dancing, the whole thing! I arrived about 30 minutes early to pick him up hoping he was still fine, but thinking 2 hours might be a stretch for him, to my surprise he was just laughing and having a ball. They said he did great and he had crafts to prove it! I got to see the song they learned with motions and all! It was pretty neat, it was the first real group activity he has been to that I wasn't involved in as well, a sobering moment (but just a moment)! Yesterday he was so excited to get to "bible school", and when we got there he was ready to be a big kid...he got to his spot and turned around to look at me and waved. When I didn't leave immediately, he ran over and said "Momma, you leavin' now?" and held out his arms for a hug...then said "I'm fine!" and ran back to his spot! It was a glimmer into preschool and Kindergarten.
Cortlyn's been swimming a ton...she's so tan it's unreal, I'm jealous LOL! It will be back to the rigorous schedule that I love so much...school, dance class, gymnastics, etc before too long so she is getting all the sun and free time she can while it lasts! School will start in about three weeks and she is starting to show signs of impatience. She asks nearly everyday if her teachers note came in the mail, explaining which class she would have and the teacher assignment. Next weekend we will hit good ole' Walmart for the annual school supply buy and then she and I will probably hit the mall for some back to school clothes. She has a birthday in three weeks as well...she will be 8 years old, my God where has the time gone. It's so surreal to think of my 10 year plan and realize that I will be the proud parent of a high school graduate/college freshman, unbelievable, how did that happen! That's life I guess!
Well I hope that I don't go so long before writing next time...and I am definitely going to find some time to figure out how to get some pictures up in this place. So 'til then...

No comments: