Friday, September 25, 2009

Cortlyn's PeeWee Cheer Games!

September 5th marked the beginning of the PeeWee Football/Cheer season for us and every Saturday since D.H and I have spent the afternoon at the football field. Cortlyn is having a great time, she really likes cheering and I'm secretly thrilled at this enthusiasm. Her first game was an eye opening experience for her to say the least. She was not aware that so many people would be at the games apparently...so that was the first surprise. The second surprise was that she has come to realize that majority of the people in the stands are not there is watch the cheerleaders! This was not something that she had thought about beforehand apparently! Pretty funny actually! The cheer squad does an awesome job on their cheers, chants and halftime routine! They've worked really hard and it shows! It's a shame that the football team really isn't that good. We've played four games and we've lost every single one of them. But they put in a good effort and they appear to be having fun, so really that's all that matters!

1 comment:

kjanedesigns said...

Oh my oh my... remember the year we "coached" the peewee girls!! memories!!
Wish I lived closer, I'd come to watch Cortlyn for sure!