Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Orange Beach = FUN!

We are back from our wonderful vacation and we had a fabulous time! The kids were good travelers through the very long trip and well behaved at the beach! Our condo was perfect...right on the beach, I sat on the balcony every morning and listened to the waves, it was pure paradise.
We spent most of our time where else but the beach! The kids just loved the sand and the waves! Cortlyn loved snorkeling and boogie boarding in the ocean, Collier loved dry land! He did get in the ocean a bit, mostly with Momma or Daddy holding him, and he also would sit on the shore and let the waves come up on him, but he was mostly my sand baby! Of course we had all the fun essentials for beach vacations...sand buckets, shovels, rakes, sand molds, goggles, boogie boards...the list goes on, so the kids had plenty of wonderful times! They also brought home lots of seashells, I believe at Cortlyn's last count she had 124 shells and she also found a sand dollar, such a scavenger!
We ate some wonderful seafood while there, at some greatly entertaining places! Flippers was our first night, we sat outside because the weather and the view were both spectacular. Eating shrimp and watching the sunset on the water...honestly made me want to move! Second night was Live Bait...I got my coveted crab legs (love 'em) and the atmosphere was quite fun! The next night we opted for pizza and Lillian's was by far some of the best pizza I've had...and trust me we eat a lot of pizza! Tipseas was our Thursday night stop...a very eclectic place to say the least, some of the strongest Bloody Mary's I've ever drank in my life, and we were pleased to have live entertainment courtesy of Rhonda Hart (which I'm told has won a Grammy!?) Last but certainly not least was DeSoto's....the cream of the crop as far as I'm concerned, it was the best food I've ever had and the service and atmosphere couldn't be beat!
We did all the fun tourist things...pictures by the big shark and pirate ship, mini golf and go karts, even a trip to find a WalMart (can't get away from them for a second I swear)! We also took a Dolphin Cruise, which was so much fun for the entire family. We saw dolphins swimming, jumping, playing, it was so cute! We had so much fun honestly. We've decided that God willing we hope to make this an annual trip, we loved the area that much! Hands down...best vacation ever!

1 comment:

kjanedesigns said...

Yeah!! Such fun! Glad you guys had a great time on vacation!