Thursday, August 7, 2008
Midnight Visitor
We converted Collier's crib into the toddler bed feature about two months ago, we have been so pleased with his progress. It was like nothing changed, he just laid down and went to sleep just like normal. For the first week or so, he wouldn't even get out of the bed in the mornings, he would call for me just like he would have in his crib. Then he started realizing that he could get out and so he would come toddling in my room in the morning, blanket in hand, requesting milk and cartoons. But still no problems with not going to bed or getting up in the middle of the night, etc. Well that all changed last night! I'm not exactly sure what time is was, early enough I should say, when I hear Collier's door open, slam shut, and "Momma!" As I lay in my comfy spot, I wait to see if maybe it was some horrible nightmare...but the sound of pitter patter feet on the tile disperse that pipe dream and then I see him, barely through my blurry, groggy vision. He just jumps right into bed with his usual 7am requests of milk and cartoons. I nicely (as nicely as I can at wee hours of the morning) explain that it is waaay too early for all that, but that he could stay in momma's bed 'til morning. Big mistake! Lets just say that my nice comfy spot in bed was totally taken over by Collier. Even D.H. groaned a little at Collier's insistent horizontal sleeping preference. So first midnight visit...I'm sure it won't be the last, but hopefully I will have the forethought to march him right back to his bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment